Monday, June 15, 2015

Interview: Mikaela Åhlin-Kottulinsky "I'm happy with my speed and look forward to Norisring"


By Tarek Ramchani

Mikaela Åhlin-Kottulinsky is one of the eighteen full season drivers in the newly formed Audi Sport TT Cup. The Swedish driver had a mixed opening round at the Hockenheimring with strong pace and some bad luck.

We were pleased to have a new interview with Mikaela Ahlin-Kottulinsky about her performances at the Hockenheimring and her expectations for the upcoming Norisring round.

You can follow Mikaela Åhlin-Kottulinsky racing news and updates on her official Facebook page, and her official Twitter account.


You had a mixed season opener at the Hockenheimring with great qualifying and unlucky races, tell us more about your weekend there.

Yes Hockenheim was a mixed weekend, started very well and ended very bad. But, that's racing sometimes, it's not always a straight road to success :-)

I was very happy with the qualifying, when I saw on the board that I was P5 I was jumping high of happiness! The feeling in the rain was great, I do really love this car.

In race 1 it didn't take so long before I got hit from behind, and almost spun. I lost a few places there, but even though that and some technical problems I finished P8 among us permanent drivers, which in the end is okey.

For race 2 we got a safety car already after the start, and then in the restart I got hit so bad that I couldn't continue. Like I said, it's not always easy, but I'm happy with my speed and look forward to Norisring to see how me, my car and the track comes together there!


The new Audi Sport TT Cup had a successful launch, tell us more about the level of competition.

The level in the series in extremely high! If you have a bad day, you are last. That's how close it is!

The next round will be at the Norisring, a circuit where you dominated in the former Volkswagen Scirocco R-Cup. What are your targets in the "Monaco of DTM"?

 My target is like it is always, to do my very best. All things can happen in racing (look at Hockenheim ;-) ) so my goal is to learn more about the car, gain more experience and find a good feeling.

What do you think about the new race format in DTM?

I think it's great that they do 2 races! For the spectators visiting the track the whole weekend, they get more racing which is of course great.

Read our first interview with Mikaela Åhlin-Kottulinsky: Part 1 - Part 2

Photo credit: Mikaela Åhlin-Kottulinsky