Monday, May 11, 2015

TCR: Nicki Thiim delighted with his Audi TT winning debut at Portimao


By Tarek Ramchani

Nicki Thiim had an amazing debut in the newly formed TCR International Series at Portimao. The Audi GT driver was behind the wheel of the new Audi TT and was simply the strongest man all weekend long in Portugal.

The Danish ace was the fastest in all the practice sessions, took a great pole position in qualifying and won race 1. Nicki Thiim was forced to retire in the second race with techincal issues hitting his Audi TT.

Nicki Thiim was delighted with his TCR International Series and Audi TT debut.


"It is just fantastic to come here and bring the confidence back into the team. For the whole weekend we have been the fastest and I am really happy to have done my job as well as I could."

"I had a lot of fun and it’s the most important thing. I think we have got a really good car for the next races. You can always do small things to improve it. Some things you can do off the track and I explained what my feelings are about what they can still adjust on the car."

"I think they will go home now and find some more things. I just want to say I had a lot of fun, especially in the second race that is touring cars as you like it. It was my mistake in race two – a silly one - but this is racing."

Photo credit: TCR International Series