Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Interview with Robin Larsson - Audi driver in FIA World Rallycross Championship


By Tarek Ramchani

Robin Larsson won the demanding FIA European Rallycross Championship (Euro RX) in 2014 driving an Audi A1 Supercar. For this year's competition, the Swedish driver is making the move to the upper series, entering the highly competitive FIA World Rallycross Championship.

We were pleased to have an interview with Robin Larsson. An interesting Q/A about his 2015 season in FIA World Rallycross Championship with his own team and more.

You can follow Robin Larsson news on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.


In 2014 you clinched the demanding FIA European Rallycross Championship title with your Audi A1, tell us more about that.

Last year was a good season, we had our ups and downs. But still a good season taking the title with the new car especially with the move for me from Touring Car to Supercar.

How challenging is to move from Euro RX to World RX?

The move from Euro RX to World RX is going to be hard, 13 races, race against the best all the time. Competing in World RX is also a lot more expensive compared to the European championship. But again racing against the best is going be really funny and good for my carreer.

Larsson Jernberg Racing is a fully privateer effort, how great is to be competitive against factory backed entries?

Racing with my own small team against all these big teams, that what keeps me motivated. Being an outsider I think is good, in our team we do everything together outside the track and everything. But what is more important, that we're having fun together.


Your Audi A1 Supercar has a name this year, "Diana", tell us more about that.

The name Diana is nothing special actually, it's just a name that came to our mind.

What do you think about the 2015 field in the FIA World Rallycross Championship?

The field this year is almost the same, but I think everybody learned a lot from last year. S this year I think it's going to be even tougher compared to the 2014 season. Claim that first position is going to be really hard.

What are your targets this year in FIA World Rallycross Championship?

This year I am definitely aiming to take my first win in a World Championship round. I am also aiming to be consistent and fast at the same time. I want to claim the most points possible so I can be in the top as long as I can.


How popular rallycross racing is in your home country of Sweden?

Rallycross in Sweden is kind a popular, but it's not that big, I think it is going to be more popular now as a true World Championship. It's got more and more time in social media and stuff.

What is your favourite race track?

Holjes is my absolutely number one race track.

Photo credit: World RXLarsson Jernberg Racing