Thursday, April 17, 2014

BTCC: Rotek Racing hopes to build on positive BTCC debut at Donington Park


Rotek Racing Press Release

Robb Holland and the Rotek Racing team endeavour to build on their highly-positive Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) debut when Britain’s premier motor racing championship resumes at the historic Donington Park circuit over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend (19-20 April).

Holland is the first American ever to contest a full campaign in the Dunlop-backed BTCC and was delighted when Rotek Racing took larger than expected strides with its brand new Audi S3 saloon during the Brands Hatch curtain-raiser less than three weeks ago.

That Rotek didn’t chase any arbitrary deadlines and applied a meticulous attention to detail during the build of the Oakley Motorsports-liveried S3 saloon paid dividends, as the car ran faultlessly during its initial shakedown and for the duration of the weekend ‘down the Hatch’.

Round 2 of what is set to be a fiercely-competitive campaign – 23 drivers were all covered by less than a second in qualifying at Brands Hatch – will take place at Donington on the Derbyshire/Leicestershire border over the Easter weekend (19-20 April).

The 1.94mile East Midlands circuit is unchartered territory for Holland and the American simply hopes to continue on an upward curve by clocking up as many miles as possible.

“Rotek Racing’s first experience of the BTCC was a highly positive one and I left Brands Hatch feeling optimistic about the future,” said Holland. “The team took significant strides forwards with the Audi S3 saloon and I learnt a lot about how to drive the car and the Brands Hatch Indy circuit, ultimately achieving every goal I set myself. I’m obviously hoping for a lot more as the 2014 season progresses, but I don’t underestimate the size and scale of the learning curve that’s ahead.

"This will be my first ever outing at Donington Park and, while I’m excited about the challenge of learning new tracks, it puts me at a distinct disadvantage, preventing me from focusing my time and energy on other things. As long as I’m nearer the pace and higher up the order than I was at Brands Hatch, I’ll be very satisfied.”

Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) free practice will begin at 10.00 and 12.30 on Saturday 19 April, with qualifying later that same day at 15.40.

Rounds 4, 5 and 6 will take place from 11.37, 14.27 and 17.15 respectively on Sunday 20 April and will be aired live and in high definition on ITV4 and ITV4HD. 

For more on Rotek Racing, visit the official www.rotekracing.com website, ‘like’ the team’s Facebook page or follow @rotekracing on Twitter. 

Photo credit: BAM Motorsports Group